The City of Lowell offers a free automatic bill payment option where the amount of your monthly water/sewer bill is automatically debited from your checking account. Customers will continue to receive an account statement by mail; however your amount paid will show as "Bank Draft - Do Not Pay." The payment will be deducted from your checking account between the 12th and 17th of each month.
Sign up for bank draft automatic bill payments online. If your enrollment request was submitted fewer than five days before your due date, you will be required to make a one‐time payment.
We also accept the application in paper form at City Hall.
2. Pay Online
Convenience Fee Schedule
- Visa (credit and debit)
- Master Card (credit and debit)
- Discover (credit and debit)
- American Express
- Virtually all debit cards including PIN debit networks (e.g. STAR, NYCE, and Accel)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
Convenience fees funded by the PAYER
Non-Tax Payments (e.g. Water, Sewer, Permits, Registration Fees)
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex - credit cards||$0.50 + 3.5% per transaction|
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex - debit cards||$0.50 + 3.5% per transaction|
|ACH / Electronic Checks||$1.57 + 2.8% per transaction|
The convenience fee for ACH / eCheck payments is capped at $9.95
Please note: Your online water payment will show up as a pending payment on your account the same day it is processed. The amount charged to your credit or debit card will show as one transaction total.
3. Pay by Mail
City of Lowell
Attn. Water Department
101 W. First Street
Lowell, NC 28098
- Methods of payment accepted are checks and money orders.
- Please allow 7-10 days for mail to be received at City Hall.
- If you are paying your bill via your financial institution (online banking), please note the banks are mailing us a paper check and this can take 7-10 days for us to receive. Payment shown as paid on your banking online account is not considered paid at City Hall until the paper check is received at City Hall.
4. Pay In-Person at City Hall, 101 W. First Street
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Methods of Payment Accepted are:
- Check or Money order
- Debit or credit card
Please note if paying with credit card, a convenience fee will be charged to cover additional costs incurred by the City of Lowell. The amount charged to your credit or debit card will show as one transaction total.
5. Pay by City Hall Drop Box
A drop box is available 24-hours a day at City Hall for residents to pay their bill. The drop box is located behind City Hall.
- Only checks or money orders are accepted. Cash payments are accepted but not recommended.
- All payments must include a payment stub to assure proper credit.
- Payments deposited by 5pm in the drop box will be posted on the same day. Payments deposited in the drop box after 5pm will be posted on the next business day.
- If your water service has been turned off, you will need to pay your bill in person during normal business hours from 8:30am to 5pm.