Free Automatic Bill Pay
The City of Lowell offers a free automatic bill payment option where the amount of your monthly water/sewer bill is automatically debited from your checking account. Customers will continue to receive an account statement by mail; however your amount paid will show as "Bank Draft - Do Not Pay." The payment will be deducted from your checking account between the 12th and 17th of each month.
Sign up for bank draft automatic bill payments online. If your enrollment request was submitted fewer than five days before your due date, you will be required to make a one‐time payment.
We also accept the application in paper form at City Hall.
Accepted Payment Methods
- Visa (credit and debit)
- Master Card (credit and debit)
- Discover (credit and debit)
- American Express
- Virtually all debit cards including PIN debit networks (e.g. STAR, NYCE, and Accel)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- One-time ACH/Electronic Check made online
- VERY IMPORTANT – Please allow (5) business days for processing of these payments. If you pay your bill using this method, you could be subject to cut-off and having a delinquent fee added to your account. Do NOT use this method to pay your bill on cut-off day as you will still be subject to having your service cut-off and a delinquent fee added to your account.
Convenience fees funded by the PAYER
Non-Tax Payments (e.g. Water, Sewer, Permits, Registration Fees)
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex - credit cards||$0.50 + 3.5% per transaction|
|Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex - debit cards||$0.50 + 3.5% per transaction|
|ACH / Electronic Checks||$1.57 + 2.8% per transaction|
The convenience fee for ACH / eCheck payments is capped at $9.95