Request New Water Service

New Service Applications are available at City Hall or you can apply directly on-line. New water accounts will be opened Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 3:00pm. If out of state, please call 704-824-3518 (Press 1 for Water Department) to discuss your options.

How to Apply for Water Service

  • Residential and commercial customers need to complete an application for service in order to have services started at each service address.
  • Must be at least 18 years of age to open an account.
  • A valid driver's license, state-issued photo ID, passport, or ITIN card is required.
  • A social security card (optional)
  • All landlords are required to complete an application for service per rental property.
  • Any outstanding balances owed by the customer on closed accounts will be required to be paid prior to opening a new service address account.
  • A $50 activation fee is required for all new accounts at time of opening for owners and renters. This fee is non-refundable.
  • Renters: A $150 deposit is required for all renters. The deposit must be paid in-person at City Hall by cash, check, or money order before the application will be processed. The deposit will be kept on file until the account is closed and at that time the final bill will be taken out of the deposit. Any refund remaining will be mailed to your forwarding address.
  • Homeowners: The $150 deposit will be waived for homeowners if proof of ownership or tax bill is provided at time of opening the account. Proof of ownership can be a closing statement, mortgage payment invoice, or deed.
Close window