Parks and Recreation Frequently Asked Questions

Accordion View

Lowell Parks and Recreation hosts quarterly lunches for senior citizens. They also hold an Adult Recess once a year where seniors can learn how to play popular games among seniors such as chair volleyball and pickleball. Seniors can get information on signing up for the Gaston County Senior Games.

No, alcohol is not allowed at the Community Center, City parks, or on any City-owned property.

No, bounce houses are not allowed. For a complete list of facility rules, please visit our Facility Rules page.

Yes, for availability on the Harold Rankin Park Picnic Shelter, please call City Hall between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday. Once we confirm your requested date is available, you can stop by City Hall to fill out an application and pay the rental fee.

Currently, the Lowell Community Center is closed for renovations but as soon as our renovations are complete, we will open the facility back up for rentals.

Yes, we offer baseball during the spring, soccer during the fall, and basketball during the winter. Check out our Athletic Programs page for more information on registration dates and other important information.

Close window