Weekly Yard Waste Collection Schedule:
The City of Lowell runs a weekly brush route for leaves, grass, and tree limbs.
1. Prepare your yard waste and place it on the curb by 6:30 am on Tuesdays.
2. The City will collect your yard waste between 6:30 am and 3:30 pm unless unforeseeable circumstances occur.
3. The day for yard waste collection will be Tuesday and Wednesday every week, depending on where your neighborhood falls in the route rotation.
Yard waste is classified as leaves, grass, shrub clippings, garden residue, sticks, branches, and limbs from around your yard. Yard waste should not be co-mingled with household trash. A different crew will collect yard waste. North Carolina law requires yard waste to be collected separately from garbage. Write “Yard Waste” on any non-city-issued container. Please do not place yard waste on the curb before Wednesday of each week.
All loose leaves, grass, and shrub clippings should be bagged or placed in a container not exceeding 32 gallons in size. The only exception will be between mid-October thru mid-February while the vacuum truck is in operation.
Between mid-October and mid-February, the leaf vacuum truck is in operation, and you may stack your leaves, grass, and shrub clippings in a neat row and 2-3 feet from the edge of the roadway. Please try to keep all sticks and rocks out of yard waste to be vacuumed.
Tree limbs shall be no longer than 6 feet long and 4 inches in diameter. All protruding limbs should be trimmed and must be stacked in a neat and orderly manner at the edge of the road. Mangled piles of tree limbs will not be collected. Please stack limbs neatly with all butt ends pointing toward the street.
The City will not collect tree and shrubbery trimmings resulting from work performed by landscaping or tree service contractors or other commercial workmen, or resulting from land clearing work.
Approved Yard Waste Containers:
1. Plastic bags with ties strong enough to support contents not to exceed 50 pounds.
2. Containers made of metal or plastic with strong handles not exceeding 32 gallons or fixed to exceed 50 pounds when loaded.
The City of Lowell will not pick up large tree trunks or large stumps.
If a contractor does any yard or tree work, the City of Lowell will not pick anything up. The contractor/homeowner will be responsible for hauling it away.
Due to holidays, unforeseeable circumstances, or inclement weather, this schedule could be altered if crews are behind schedule.