FAQ Topic: Parks and Recreation FAQs

Do you offer programs for senior citizens?

Lowell Parks and Recreation hosts quarterly lunches for senior citizens. They also hold an Adult Recess once a year where seniors can learn how to play popular games among seniors such as chair volleyball and pickleball. Seniors can get information on signing up for the Gaston County Senior Games.

Can I rent the shelter at Harold Rankin Park?

Yes, for availability on the Harold Rankin Park Picnic Shelter, please call City Hall between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday. Once we confirm your requested date is available, you can stop by City Hall to fill out an application and pay the rental fee.

Can I rent the Lowell Community Center?

Currently, the Lowell Community Center is closed for renovations but as soon as our renovations are complete, we will open the facility back up for rentals.

Close window