Start or Stop Water Service

Appy for New Water Service

New Service Packets are available at City Hall or you can apply directly on-line by selecting the link provided below.

New Service Applications are accepted in-person at City Hall. If out of state, please call 704-824-3518 (Press 1 for Water Department) to discuss your options.

Residential and commercial customers need to complete an application for service in order to have services started at each service address.


A valid driver’s license or state ID is required.
Provide your social security card for number verification is required.
All landlords are required to complete an application for service per rental property.
Any outstanding balances owed by the customer on closed accounts will be required to be paid prior to opening a new service address account.
A $50 activation fee is required for all new accounts at time of opening for owners and renters. This fee is non-refundable.


A $150 deposit is required for all renters. The deposit will be kept on file until the account is closed and at that time the final bill will be taken out of the deposit. Any refund remaining will be mailed to your forwarding address.


The $150 deposit will be waived for homeowners if proof of ownership is provided at time of opening the account. Proof of ownership can be a closing statement, mortgage payment invoice, or deed.
Utility Service Application (PDF)

Terminate Water Service

Completion of a termination of services form is required in order to stop services at any service address.

Your meter will be read on the disconnect date and a final bill will be prepared and mailed to your forwarding address. If there is a deposit on the account, it will be applied to the final bill and any remaining balance will be refunded.

Terminations of services are NOT accepted over the phone in order to validate and protect our customers. If you have moved out of state, please give us a call to discuss options.

Terminations of services are only accepted from the account holder and a proof of ID must be presented at time of the request.
If the account holder is deceased, a death certificate and/or a legal POE will be required prior to terminating services.

Online Form for Termination of Water Service


Close window