Lowell Community Committee
Citizen of the Year Guidelines
The Citizen of the Year Award is given to recognize a Lowell citizen who, through their personal involvement, leadership abilities, and selfless giving of their time and talent over the previous 12 months, has positively affected Lowell and the lives of its citizens. The Citizen of the Year honors those who’s contributions to Lowell has been a recent effort resulting in a benefit to the community.
Nominees must be a resident of Lowell. The Citizen Award shall not be given to any current Lowell Community Committee member, City of Lowell employee or Council member based on services directly related to his or her responsibilities as an employee, committee member, or board member.
Nominations may include, but are not limited to, the following information:
- The nominee’s contributions to the welfare and betterment of the community;
- Evidence of the nominee’s lasting contributions to the community;
- The nominee’s participation in community activities and civic enterprises;
- Evidence of the nominee’s personal and business progress; and
- The nominee’s cooperation with individuals and civic organizations within Lowell.
The recipient will receive a plaque and be recognized through a variety of methods including the City’s website and social media pages.
Please submit your nominations at online. Paper nominations are available at City Hall.
Nominations will be accepted July 30 thru September 30. The Lowell Community Committee will evaluate and select the Citizen of the Year at their regular October meeting.