Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Permit # Assigned: ___________________________
5.8.4 SPECIFIC REGULATIONS FOR CERTAIN TEMPORARY USES -
E. Garage/Yard Sales -
1. Such sales shall be limited to SATURDAYS only, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
2. Sales shall be limited to household goods
3. Sales shall be allowed on any lot in a Residential zoning district or on any public, charitable, educational or institutionally developed lot in other zoning districts.
4. Garage/yard sales may take place on any one (1) site no greater than four (4) days per calendar year.
5. A permit will not be granted where a registered sex offender is listed as a resident of the household.
6. A permit shall be obtained from City Hall at least 24 hours prior to the sale.
7. Applicant shall adhere to sign regulations as set forth in Section 12.2 S.
1. Such signs may not be illuminated and may be placed within twenty-four (24) hours prior to the yard sale, and removed within twenty-four (24) hours after the yard sale event.
2. Each sign may have a maximum area of six (6) square feet. Such signs may be placed on or off-premises, the latter with permission of the property owner.
3. A maximum of three (3) off-premise signs and one (1) on-premise sign is allowed per yard sale.
4. The following signs are prohibited (not allowed at any time)(Section 12.3).
* Any sign placed on any curb, sidewalk, post, pole, hydrant, bridge, tree, or other surface located on, over, or across any public street or right-of-way, unless authorized by the NCDOT shall be prohibited.
* The administrator shall have the authority to remove and may discard without notice any such prohibited sign illegally placed within a street right-of-way or sigh triangle and, at local discretion, may immediately destroy such sign.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field